Saturday, January 9, 2010

Course Expectations

  1. What are your expectations for this course?
    I expect to learn about a huge range of technology that can be used for teaching. I also expect to learn more about the online resources mentioned on the first day of class. I imagine that we will also gain some valuable teaching experience through the activities in class. I fully anticipate learning about different mediums that can be used for teaching, and how to integrate them into teaching to keep students interested in learning. That being said, it sounds like we will learn how to become good teachers instead of teachers that just lecture everyday in the same way without any variation or teacher efficacy.

  2. What are your expectations for your classmates?
    I expect that my classmates will be responsible and responsive. I expect to learn invaluable lessons from them. I also expect that we will be able to work together to help each other better understand how to use the technology available to us.

  3. What are your expectations of your instructor?
    From my instructor I expect that I will be able to pick up various techniques and characteristics that make a good teacher. Based on the first day of class, I expect that I will learn more from this class and instructor than I have from most of the classes I have ever taken. I also expect that this instructor will have an interesting way of presenting information that will result in actual retention and understanding of the material.

  4. What questions do you have about this course and/or learning, teaching, and technology?
    The only question I can think of currently would be whether or not the programs required for things such as the podcast and screencast could be downloaded for free or if we need to go to a computer lab to use them.




No comments:

Post a Comment